Our school is a community school, and admission arrangements are determined by the local authority (LA). The Admissions Authority for our school is Hillingdon Borough Council, which publishes its entry regulations every year.
To apply to Hermitage, please use the link: www.hillingdon.gov.uk/primary - this will take you to Hillingdon's admissions site which informs parents how to apply for a place at the school. Parents have a right to express their preference, but this does not, in itself, guarantee a place at that particular school. Applications can be made online.
Hermitage manages its own admissions for the nursery However a place in the Nursery does not guarantee a primary place. You will still have to apply to the borough as above.
Children are admitted into nursery in the September after their third birthday, subject to the availability of places. Places will be offered based on the following criteria:
- Pupils with a statutory statement of special need which names Hermitage as the most appropriate provision to meet the child's needs.
- 'Children in public care' for whom Hermitage is the most appropriate local nursery.
- Children with a 'serious medical condition' with supportive information from the child's hospital consultant which details the reasons why Hermitage is the most suitable setting for the child.
- Proximity to the school - measured in a straight line from the home address to the main entrance of the school.
- A child who has a sibling living at the same address and who will still be attending Hermitage at the time of entry.
Parents may register their child from birth.
Applications can be made at any time in the school year and parents will be notified by the school of offers of places at the earliest opportunity. Parents may express a preference for a morning or afternoon place - in the event of an oversubscription for either morning or afternoon places the criteria above will apply.
If parents are unsuccessful in obtaining a nursery place they can be put on a waiting list and informed as and when a place is available.
Parents must register their child separately for nursery and primary school - securing a place at nursery does not guarantee a place in Reception.